Friday, May 15, 2009

5/14 Day 2

Well it is still raining here. Ayman is convinced that I brought the rain with me, but when I left Chicago it was 65 degrees and sunny. I got to sleep in a bit today to help me recover some from the long flight. When I woke up, Ayman's mom made me some proper British tea. It was better than the tea I have had in the states, but I am still not a big tea person. I will stick to my hot chocolate. For breakfast we had meat and potato pasties. They were pretty good, reminded me of being in Michigan. When I look into my wallet I actually feel like a world traveler because I 3 different currencies in it.

After breakfast we headed into Manchester. Ayman took me to Old Trafford, this is where Manchester United plays a strange form of football. We took the tour of the field and learned a lot about the history behind Manchester United. During the tour we went in the players lounge, down both tunnels, and got to walk next to the pitch. We also saw the ball boys room, I was surprised that Fitz wasn't there. I have decided to h0p on the Manchester United Bandwagon and become a fan. I may even have to watch a game.

Ayman took me to the Trafford Centre, the local mall, after our tour. Yes Hannah, I actually went to a mall. Our number one priority was to find some food. We had some burgers at a bar and grill called the Giraffe. For some reason the burgers did not come with American cheese. We were both tired after lunch and headed home to take a nap.

After our nap, it was time to go experience the night life in Bolton. Ayman introduced me to several of his friends and his girl friend. His girl friend is nice and pretty cute, and his friends are hilarious and remind e of mine back home. My cheeks are still sore today from laughing all night. We went out to several local bars and a night club in Bolton. It was an interesting night filled with some drama, lots of laughs, poor dancing (mostly by me) and ended around 6:30 this morning.

6 comments:

  1. Brian,
    Expect you are with host family by now. Joe and Ray at the barber shop are convinced this trip is NOT about education. Where did they get that idea? You assurred us this was all about the demanding curriculum and learning as much as possible the next 4 weeks. Already you are killing the locals with improper language...really should know what getting pissed is in England. Goofy futball will never catch on as a real sport. BTW Kristy had a great time at prom and of course was the most beautiful attendee. Have a blast Bri.
    Love ya.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your off to a great start! Do try and get a little more sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for a shout out in the blog! still cant believe you went to a mall and had a good time haha

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA even the british are better dancers then u and who goes to Europe to have a burger....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your having a good time. I think im going to live vicariously through you this summer. I bet the bars and night clubs were tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian

    1. Don't make me fly out there and beat you
    2. Dancing at a club in England??? You don't even dance here
    3. I got nothing else to say, I'm going to go steal everyone's money in poker so keep having a blast out there man! I'm still jealous you're in Europe. Tell Ayman I said hi

    ReplyDelete